|मेरे बाएं प्रो. हेमंत जोशी, प्रो. बी के कुठियाला|
1) The general terms and conditions prescribed for the representatives of print and visual media will also be applicable in case of online editors, correspondents, camerapersons .
2) A news site / portal means a website which has at least 1/3rd of its visible content related to news & current affairs originally reported by its own correspondents.
3) The publications on behalf of which accreditation has already been given will accommodate their online journalists within their existing quota.
4) The site should have paid subscribers. However, it should not be insisted on the subscribers right now but some preference will be given to the news sites having subscribers.
5) Online news agencies will be governed as per the existing rules prescribed for news
6) The site should have a minimum annual revenue of either Rs.20 lakhs from its
news portions only OR Rs.2.5 crores from the entire website including its news
7) The site should be updated regularly and at least 6 times daily.
8) The news portal should be observing the laws of the land in terms of content, service, promotions, finances and any other aspect of functioning.
9) The news site should have been functioning for at least one year.
10) The domain name of the site should be registered for at least the next 5 years
from the date of application.
11) The site should have at least 10,000 page views per day of its news-portion.
12) The issue of determining the authenticity of the site may be decided in consultation
with VSNL in case of any doubt.
13) In the event of a website/portal found involved in any activity perceived as
cyber crime now or in future, all acreditations given to representatives of
that website/portal will be withdrawn at the discretion of the Pr.DG(M&C).
SCHEDULE OF QUOTAS FIXED FOR VARIOUS CATEGORIES OF
(Guidelines under process)